Monday, April 2, 2007

My Junos experience...

So... went to the Junos...

The pre-party was pretty good, free drinks, food, and HUGE bags of Doritos (they were the sponsor). Sam Roberts was at the pre-party and mingling with the crowd, so that was cool. The show was really entertaining, and I have to say that was my favourite part. We were sitting behind Billy Talent and Tomi Swick, so that was pretty cool.

I guess what I'm really torn about is the principle of the whole thing. The after-party was at Earls. When we got there, there were two sections with a blockade in between. One section was for the VIPs, which leads me to assume that the other section was for the NVIPs (Not Very Important People). I guess my question is: what makes them very important people? Was it not the people in the NVIP section that are the ones that work their asses off to make a living? The people in the VIP section were apparently SO "very important" that they couldn't even mingle with us "not very important people." Kind of a shame I would say. Really, what does make them more important than the people in the NVIP section? Last time I checked, I work very hard, got a university degree, care so much about human suffering in the world, and do my best to make the world a better place. I guess us NVIPs are just not of the same caliber as the VIPs. Sarah McLachlan didn't show, and I kind of commend her for it.

All of the stars were there, including the likes of Nelly Furtado, The Tragically Hip, etc. Two of the VIPs actually humbled themselves to come to the stupid blockade and speak to us NVIPs: Stephane Dion and Seamus O'Reagan. I'm a fan of Seamus because I watch Canada AM religiously every morning for my news! Both Dion and O'Reagan were very nice, and we got pictures, so that was cool.

The radio guys, Hugh Dixon and Cary Howe, were super cool and we had good time with them and lots of laughs. Our driver, Frank, was awesome. I love that guy!

That's all for now.

No comments: