Friday, April 6, 2007

Boycott Sunsilk...

This is among the most offensive and outright sexist commercials I have seen. How can stations like CTV actually run these?!? There needs to be a critical eye when it comes to women being represented in the media. You really just need to see these atrocities for yourself. How dare Sunsilk and how dare certain TV stations. Rest assured, I will NEVER purchase a product of Sunsilk.

You can view the videos via YouTube with the links below. I have also included the disgusting dialogue that occurs in each commercial beside its corresponding link.

Blondes: "Hi Ladies, and by ladies I mean Blondes. Brunettes are about as ladylike as their mustaches. That's why the world prefers..."
Brunettes: "Brunettes. We're sexier, classier, and not to mention, we can read. All blondes ever do is..."
Blondes: "Make the world brighter. I mean nothing ruins an after-party faster than a pack of brunettes. It's true, you just can't beat..."
Brunettes: "Us. And now that we got our secret weapons, this is..."
Blondes & Brunettes: WAR, WAR, WAR

"Blondes: this is our weapon. New Sunsilk Colour-Boost recharges your blonde right in the shower with a fresh shot of colour. Sorry brunettes: at least your moms think you're pretty."

"Brunettes, let's lock and load. Sunsilk Colour-Boost refuels your colour with a fresh dose of brunette right in the shower. Blondes: guess you'll have to wear even shorter skirts now."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you. I am furious about this commercial and further disturbed that nobody else seems to recognize just how insulting and ill conceived this campaign is. I've contacted the manufacturer and ABC (where I saw the commercials). I am going after these people.

I'm really angry about this portrayal of women.