Sunday, April 15, 2007

Boo to political attack ads...

One of my pet peeves are political attack ads. The reason I bring up this topic is that political attack ads are reported to pollute our televisions commencing Monday in anticipation for an upcoming provincial election. The story is here: http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/city_province/story.html?id=409e69d1-91ca-4108-9916-4e4791ea0bb3&k=17391

You know, here one party is criticizing the other for paying $275,000 to a former employee who was fired following allegations of harassment (which I agree they need to be criticized about). But then, this criticizing party turns around and is going to spend probably $275,000 or more on immature attack ads. Think of where that $275,000 or more could be going. There are many people who will not have a roof over their heads tonight, but apparently it is more important to pay off misbehaving employees and pump out political attack ads.

Call me tight, but I just hate seeing money being flushed down the toilet when there is so much human suffering in the world--and indeed in this very province--that could potentially be alleviated with this money.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGh9XBFNqqk

This is what I'm going through. My final, monday.

Just thought you would find it funny.